Himachal Pradesh Statehood Day could be a public vacation within the Himachal Pradesh state in an Asian country. it’s continuously celebrated on twenty-five Jan. it absolutely was on at the present time in 1971 that Himachal Pradesh became the eighteenth state of Asian country once the passing of Himachal Pradesh State Act, 1970. throughout nation rule, Himachal Pradesh became an area of geographical region Province and later in 1950, Himachal Pradesh was declared as a Union Territory. Bordering the Indian states of Jammu, Punjab, Haryana and Uttarakhand and also the Xizang Autonomous Region, Himachal Pradesh has a neighborhood of fifty-five,670 sq. kilometers
History of Himachal Pradesh Statehood Day
Himachal Pradesh is that the state in the North Asian country. Bordering Xizang, it’s noted for its range of mountains landscapes (Himachal Pradesh suggests that ‘snow-laden region’) and could be a fashionable traveler destination for trekking and enjoying the natural beauty. It conjointly has the fourth highest per capita financial gain for the Asian countries States and is that the third quickest growing economy in India.
Following independence from the kingdom in 1947, Himachal Pradesh was created as a province on fifteen Gregorian calendar month 1948. This event is widely known with a public vacation of its own – Himachal Day.
In 1950 it became a sub-state beneath the Indian constitution then changing into a union territory in 1956.
On eighteen Dec 1970 the State of Himachal Pradesh Act has elapsed Parliament and also the new state came into being on twenty-five Jan 1971 creating it the eighteenth state of the Asian country. Y.S. Parmar became the state’s 1st chief minister.
Between its creation in 1948 and statehood in 1971, Himachal Pradesh conjointly modified its boundaries many times, incorporating smaller districts within the region.
Some interesting facts that you must know about Himachal Pradesh(Statehood Day):
- Himachal was named by Acharya Diwakar Datt Sharma United Nations agency was one amongst the best Indic students
- Hima suggests that ‘snow’ in Indic. The word ‘Himachal’ virtually interprets to ‘In the lap of Himalayas’
Himachal Pradesh dates back to the amount of Indus vale civilization, that flourished four,000 years past
- The first Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh was Yashwant Singh Parmar
- In 2003, Forest Survey of Asian country outlined the forest space represent of Himachal Pradesh, about 66.52 p.c of the overall space of the state
- Himachal Pradesh roughly consists of over 463 bird species and 359 animals species. it’s conjointly the house for 2 major national parks, namely; nice range of mountains parkland in Kullu and Pin vale parkland
- Himachal Pradesh has achieved 100% hygiene, and in keeping with reports, every single house features a restroom
- Himachal Pradesh is that the second least corrupt state in Asian country once Kerala
- Himachal Pradesh hosted the primary Paragliding tournament in an Asian country, in October 2015
Shimla consists of the sole natural skating building in Asia.