Here you can know the history of Himachal Pradesh Statehood Day. The new state of Himachal Pradesh was formed on 25 January 1971, making it the eighteenth state of the country and Y.S. Parmar became the first Chief Minister of the state. In 1966, the hilly areas of the neighboring state of Punjab were merged with Himachal, and in 1950 Himachal Pradesh has declared a union territory. The neighboring states of Himachal Pradesh are Jammu, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand. Many perennial rivers flow in the valleys of Himachal Pradesh. About 90% of the state’s population lives in rural areas. Agriculture, horticulture, hydropower, and tourism are important components of the state’s economy.
Himachal Pradesh Interesting Facts:
The state of Himachal Pradesh is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. There are many interesting facts about this state that most people are not aware of. Himachal Pradesh India is located in the Western Himalayas. It is one of the three hill states of India with an extreme landscape, many peaks, and river systems. Himachal Pradesh is also commonly known as Dev Bhoomi or the land of God and Veer Bhoomi which means the land of the brave in India. We tell you some interesting things about Himachal Pradesh:
- The state’s winter capital, Dharamshala, receives very heavy rainfall, while regions such as Lahaul and Spiti are cooler and almost rainless. Broadly speaking, Himachal experiences three seasons: summer, winter, and rainy season. Himachal Pradesh has become the first smoke-free state in India.
- Himachal’s Acharya Diwakar Dutt Sharma was named one of the best Indian students by a United Nations agency.
- It is said that Himachal Pradesh is associated with the four-thousand-year-old Indus Valley Civilization.
- Himachal Pradesh has achieved 100% sanitation, and according to reports, every household has a toilet. And Himachal Pradesh is the second least corrupt state in Asian countries after Kerala.
- Himachal Pradesh hosted the first paragliding tournament in an Asian country in October 2015. And Shimla has the only natural skating rink in Asia.