45 years agone, on Jan twenty-five, 1971, Himachal Pradesh became the eighteenth state of Republic of India when the passing of Himachal Pradesh State Act, 1970. throughout British people rule, Himachal Pradesh became a section of geographical area Province and later in 1950, Himachal Pradesh was declared as a Union Royal logicTerritory. Himachal Pradesh may be a land of gods with little discovered and so much to explore and discover about this adobe of natural beauty and snow. There area unit things that are still quite strange and unknown about this state of Himachal Pradesh. for many of those, I can bet that you just didn’t realize all of those before. So, here area unit many fascinating and wonderful facts concerning the state for you to browse, relish and share.
Some interesting facts that you must know about Himachal Pradesh:
- Himachal was named by Acharya Diwakar Datt Sharma WHO was one among the best Sanskritic language scholar fascinating Facts concerning Himachal Pradesh
- Hima means that ‘snow’ in the Sanskritic language. The word ‘Himachal’ virtually interprets to ‘In the lap of Himalayas’
- Himachal Pradesh dates back to the amount of Indus natural depression civilization, that flourished four,000 years fascinating Facts concerning Himachal Pradesh
- The first Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh was Yashwant Singh Parmar
- In 2003, Forest Survey of Republic of India outlined the forest space represent of Himachal Pradesh, about 66.52 % of the whole space of the state fascinating Facts concerning Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh roughly consists of over 463 bird species and 359 animals species. it’s additionally the house for 2 major national parks, namely; a nice chain of mountains parkland in Kullu and Pin natural depression parkland fascinating Facts concerning Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh has achieved one hundred pc hygiene, and per reports, every single house features a restroom Interesting Interesting Facts concerning Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh is that the second least corrupt state of Republic of India when Kerala
Himachal Pradesh hosted the primary Paragliding tourney in the Republic of India, in Oct 2015
Shimla consists of the sole natural skating rink in Asia fascinating Facts concerning H.P.
- Himachal Pradesh houses various plants that produce surplus hydroelectricity which is further sold to other states such as Delhi, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
- At 15,256 feet, the Tashigang village of Himachal Pradesh is considered the world’s highest polling station. The village is the highest settlement in Spiti Valley and is located in the Sutlej river valley near the India-Tibet border.
- Shyam Saran Negi, a retired schoolteacher from Kalpa in Himachal Pradesh, cast the first vote in the 1951 general election in India, and since then, he has voted in every general election in India. Negi is also believed to be India’s oldest voter.
- Bara Shigri is the largest glacier located in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is located in Lahaul-Spiti which is a beautiful hill station as well.
- As of October 2009, the state has imposed a complete ban on the production, storage, use, sale and distribution of all types of polythene bags made of non-biodegradable material.
- Himachal Pradesh produces apples, peaches, cherries, kiwis and plums in abundance apart from dry fruits such as hazelnuts and chilgoza or pine nuts. The latter is rare but that is grown in the state alone.
- Jaw-Dropping Roads – Himachal Pradesh is notorious for its dangerous roads. Manali-Leh Road and Kinnaur Roads are considered one of the top-most dangerous roads in India.
- The ‘Mini Israel!’ – Kasol, a small hamlet in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh is called the “Mini Israel.” Most of the tourists are from Israel, and even the shops and inns bear hoardings in the Hebrew language. Not only this, the clothes, food, and goods give you a feeling of being in Israel.
- World’s Highest Cricket Ground! – Located at 8,018 ft above sea level, Chail Cricket Ground in Himachal Pradesh is considered the world’s highest Cricket ground. It was built in 1891 and is surrounded by thick forests of deodar.
- Himachal Pradesh is the second largest producer of apple in the country after Jammu & Kashmir. Himachal has a rich collection of as many as 450 cultivars of apples. Himachal Pradesh currently produces over 4 lacs tones of apple annually in 92.8 thousand Hectare, which grossed about Rs.2500 crores.
- Manali–Leh National Highway is the highest motorable road in the world.
- Himachal has 37,033 square km of forest area which is 66.52% of the total area of the state. Shigri Glacier in Lahaul-Spiti is the largest glacier in Asia. Manali–Leh National Highway is the highest motorable road in the world.